When you purchase a vehicle, you get auto insurance and schedule regular maintenance to ensure the proper functioning and long-term preservation of your vehicle. In the same way, you need to protect your WordPress website from hackers and security threats – and to make sure it is running smoothly at all times.
WordPress and the companies that provide plugins used on your website release security fixes, and performance updates from time-to-time (similar to how Chrome, Firefox or your cell phone installs updates).
If you do not apply these updates, your website is vulnerable to getting hacked, getting taken off-line or just functioning incorrectly which could cause clients to leave or avoid your site.
Let Zero Gravity Web Design take care of your website!
Note: If you are on a website hosting plan with us, you will also need to have a Website Maintenance Plan. If one website on a server gets hacked, it can make other sites on that server – or the server itself – vulnerable (blocked as “unsafe”).
Basic Website Maintenance Plan
With our Basic Website Maintenance Plan, we provide:
- Managed WordPress hosting*
- Updates to WordPress and plugins every month, ensuring all updates are compatible with your site. We will send a report letting you know what has been updated.
- Free SSL Certificate
- Website backups twice per month as “insurance” in case anything happens to your website. We keep a rolling 6 months worth of back-ups. (Just like insurance, if you don’t have it before the accident it won’t protect you. You need to have a backup of your website so you can restore it in the event it gets compromised, Otherwise, you may have to have your website rebuilt from scratch!)
- Google analytics connected
- Google search console connected
- This is suitable for businesses and organizations that get a good amount of traffic but do not have an e-commerce store or any financial transactions taking place through the website.
* If your website is hosted on another server we may still be able to provide the services in the Basic Website Care Plan
Professional Website Maintenance Plan
With our Professional Website Maintenance Plan, we provide:
- Everything under the basic maintenance plan (with a paid SSL certificate).
- We will monitor your website and send you a Monthly Website Health Report so you can see how your website is performing.
- Support time: Set amount of support time per quarter. This time includes consultation and minor tweaks and adjustments to your site as requested. We will work with you to establish what your specific needs are and will create the Website Maintenance Plan that will best suit your needs and goals. Support time does not roll over from month to month.
- VIP Status: All requested changes that fit in the scope listed in the above point will be done within 48 business hours. Any larger changes that will take longer will be quoted and scheduled.
- Quarterly one-on-one consulting call
- This is suitable for businesses and organizations that get a good amount of traffic, have an e-commerce store or process donations, have an online booking/scheduling feature and/or generate business leads through their website, AND want the peace of mind that everything is being taken care of on their website with minimal personal time investment and quickest response time.